My role as Creative Director required me to oversee the entire process from early concepts, gameplay mechanics, story, animation, effects, sound design, as well as marketing. I managed daily scrums with the design team and weekly developer calls where we would discuss progress, technical solutions, and set goals.
I also coordinated with various outside vendors and consultants. We were fortunate to have some early creative direction set by the brilliant Paul Jenkins.
One of the 40 level designs I did for Hemonauts. These were done in Photoshop and shared among the team via Adobe’s shared library system.
SCIENCE CENTER IMPLEMENTATION
I also led the creative on an alternative version of Hemonauts for the Nashville Adventure Science Center. This two-year interactive installation will serve over 400,000 children as they journey through the museum’s BodyQuest exhibit.
Captionable was a social platform (app and website) where players would share photos with hidden captions (think Instagram meets hangman).
The idea started as a letter guessing game for kids with provided photos. I took that idea and blew it up creating a dynamic social platform with 100% user-generated content.
It grew to have a very passionate community of players.
Increasing brand engagment with Coca-Cola
I have always thought web advertisements could be a lot more interesting and engaging. We created interactive adverts using the Captionable platform for Coca-Cola and ran it during The UEFA Champions League. Engagement metrics were through the roof.
We did several trials with various brands and even some bloggers. We created easy plug-and-play “Captionable widgets” that anyone could add to a webpage and that linked to their Captionable profile.
I was the primary designer on several Facebook Games (back when those were popular). Zombie Mosh was based on a board game where zombies rocked out in a mosh pit until they fell apart. Our team was tasked with creating an addictive Facebook game based on this premise.
I not only participated in conceptualizing the game mechanics but I was responsible for the vast majority of the artwork, animation, interface design, and related marketing materials.
ROMAN TAXI -REDESIGN
Roman Taxi was a Facebook game based on a board game of the same name.
This was a preexisting game, but the user experience was shallow and was not keeping players engaged. I was tasked with making it more fun, engaging, and increasing player retention.
I guided a complete overhaul of the game starting with the very basics. We added building and resource mechanics as well as player missions and levels.
I oversaw the entire game economy restructuring and balancing. UX/UI design, new characters, missions, and social hooks.
Within weeks of the updated release, user stats tripled.
SUNK! was a personal project that I created along with a developer pal.
It was a puzzle game where players would place naval mines on a board in a precise configuration to create a chain reaction and destroy all the enemy subs.